Manage episode 294581194 series 118896
The group is chatting about hot topics in the industry (and world), like safety and consent for sex scenes.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How Nathalie Emmanuel from Game of Thrones recently stated that just because she was nude in the show doesn’t mean she would do it for other shows, and how this is opening up conversations about nudity in film.
- Why nudity should always be a fresh negotiation for each new contract.
- The interesting fact that our culture allows more violence than nudity to appear in mainstream films.
- The double standard of male nudity versus female nudity on tv.
- When nudity and violence are necessary for a film and when they are excessive.
- How Intimacy Coordinators can keep workplaces that deal with sex scenes safe for actors.
- How Adobe Creative Cloud is quite expensive - but arguably priced right for business.
- How Resolve by Black Magic is a free, alternative option for editing that works well.
- Pixelmater Pro, which is fairly cheap and an awesome alternative to Photoshop for light edits.
- Tricks for working in white spaces which can be very tricky to light.
- The importance of lighting control - to shape where the light is going - when you must shoot against white walls.
Links to Resources:
More about BlackMagic’s DaVinci Resolve
More about Pixelmater
You can read about all this and more at https://nofilmschool.com/. You can also check out our Gear Guides and Entertainment News on the right hand side.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices