Artwork

Вміст надано The Jason & Mindy Podcast, The Jason, and Mindy Podcast. Весь вміст подкастів, включаючи епізоди, графіку та описи подкастів, завантажується та надається безпосередньо компанією The Jason & Mindy Podcast, The Jason, and Mindy Podcast або його партнером по платформі подкастів. Якщо ви вважаєте, що хтось використовує ваш захищений авторським правом твір без вашого дозволу, ви можете виконати процедуру, описану тут https://uk.player.fm/legal.
Player FM - додаток Podcast
Переходьте в офлайн за допомогою програми Player FM !

Super Bowl Sunday

1:04:12
 
Поширити
 

Manage episode 355170222 series 2361279
Вміст надано The Jason & Mindy Podcast, The Jason, and Mindy Podcast. Весь вміст подкастів, включаючи епізоди, графіку та описи подкастів, завантажується та надається безпосередньо компанією The Jason & Mindy Podcast, The Jason, and Mindy Podcast або його партнером по платформі подкастів. Якщо ви вважаєте, що хтось використовує ваш захищений авторським правом твір без вашого дозволу, ви можете виконати процедуру, описану тут https://uk.player.fm/legal.

DID YOU KNOW?

Workers get itchy feet around 18 months into a new job. A study of 5,000 employed adults found that’s the average point when employees come to realize exactly what their job prospects are — and whether it’s time to start thinking about finding something new. The leading causes for those itchy feet? Not being valued for their contributions, feeling like they’re underpaid, and deteriorating working conditions. And 18% said they experienced job doubt when they found themselves working too many hours. The workers reported that once they started feeling frustrated, they started looking for new work, on average, within 4 months — and it typically took just over 3 months to land a new position.

Fun Facts

✓ The modern salute is believed to be derived from the way in which French Knights would greet each other by lifting the visors of their helmets.

✓ In America, it is a federal crime to use your roommate or friend’s Netflix account.

ARE THE TIMES A-CHANGIN’?

A study suggests that putting our clocks ahead to daylight saving, and leaving them there, could help fight climate change. The findings, published in Environmental Research Letters, show how researchers simulated the heating and cooling demands of office buildings for 15 US cities, and analyzed the impact that daylight saving could have until the year 2050. They determined that under current climate conditions, daylight saving time reduces cooling demand by 5.9%, but increased heating demand by 4.4%. But as the environment warms, they found that daylight saving time could reduce cooling demand by up to 5.4%, while increasing heating demand by 3.2%. In both cases daylight saving results in a net decrease in energy used. They say that moving our clocks forward permanently by one hour could be a tool to help reduce carbon emissions and adapt to the climate crisis.

THE BANK OF MOM & POP:

When you find yourself with too much month left at the end of your money, do you ask mom and dad to help? Apparently, a lot of us do. In a poll, more than 3 in 10 (35%) adults admit their parents help with at least one bill. The survey of 2,000 Americans found that the top 3 expenses that parents help their grown-up kids with are rent (19%), groceries (19%) and utilities (16%). The good news for mom and dad is that 70% of those respondents plan to take on these bills themselves within the next 2 years. On the other hand, 30% admit they’ll just keep on accepting their parents’ financial aid until they’re told otherwise. Half said they struggle to limit unnecessary spending. They also face difficulty budgeting for unexpected expenses (45%) and remembering to pay bills on time (40%).

WATER COOLER QUESTION:

Question: A survey asked people what important event they’d skip if they could see their team in the Super Bowl – and 15% said THIS. What is it?

Answer: The birth of their child (mostly guys, probably…)

Question: When it comes to the big game on Sunday, 71% of people are excited to watch the halftime show. Meanwhile, 76% are looking forward to THIS. What is it?

Answer: Seeing the ads

That’s it for todays show! If you love what we do and want more of us check out our website lowtreestudios.com.

  continue reading

200 епізодів

Artwork
iconПоширити
 
Manage episode 355170222 series 2361279
Вміст надано The Jason & Mindy Podcast, The Jason, and Mindy Podcast. Весь вміст подкастів, включаючи епізоди, графіку та описи подкастів, завантажується та надається безпосередньо компанією The Jason & Mindy Podcast, The Jason, and Mindy Podcast або його партнером по платформі подкастів. Якщо ви вважаєте, що хтось використовує ваш захищений авторським правом твір без вашого дозволу, ви можете виконати процедуру, описану тут https://uk.player.fm/legal.

DID YOU KNOW?

Workers get itchy feet around 18 months into a new job. A study of 5,000 employed adults found that’s the average point when employees come to realize exactly what their job prospects are — and whether it’s time to start thinking about finding something new. The leading causes for those itchy feet? Not being valued for their contributions, feeling like they’re underpaid, and deteriorating working conditions. And 18% said they experienced job doubt when they found themselves working too many hours. The workers reported that once they started feeling frustrated, they started looking for new work, on average, within 4 months — and it typically took just over 3 months to land a new position.

Fun Facts

✓ The modern salute is believed to be derived from the way in which French Knights would greet each other by lifting the visors of their helmets.

✓ In America, it is a federal crime to use your roommate or friend’s Netflix account.

ARE THE TIMES A-CHANGIN’?

A study suggests that putting our clocks ahead to daylight saving, and leaving them there, could help fight climate change. The findings, published in Environmental Research Letters, show how researchers simulated the heating and cooling demands of office buildings for 15 US cities, and analyzed the impact that daylight saving could have until the year 2050. They determined that under current climate conditions, daylight saving time reduces cooling demand by 5.9%, but increased heating demand by 4.4%. But as the environment warms, they found that daylight saving time could reduce cooling demand by up to 5.4%, while increasing heating demand by 3.2%. In both cases daylight saving results in a net decrease in energy used. They say that moving our clocks forward permanently by one hour could be a tool to help reduce carbon emissions and adapt to the climate crisis.

THE BANK OF MOM & POP:

When you find yourself with too much month left at the end of your money, do you ask mom and dad to help? Apparently, a lot of us do. In a poll, more than 3 in 10 (35%) adults admit their parents help with at least one bill. The survey of 2,000 Americans found that the top 3 expenses that parents help their grown-up kids with are rent (19%), groceries (19%) and utilities (16%). The good news for mom and dad is that 70% of those respondents plan to take on these bills themselves within the next 2 years. On the other hand, 30% admit they’ll just keep on accepting their parents’ financial aid until they’re told otherwise. Half said they struggle to limit unnecessary spending. They also face difficulty budgeting for unexpected expenses (45%) and remembering to pay bills on time (40%).

WATER COOLER QUESTION:

Question: A survey asked people what important event they’d skip if they could see their team in the Super Bowl – and 15% said THIS. What is it?

Answer: The birth of their child (mostly guys, probably…)

Question: When it comes to the big game on Sunday, 71% of people are excited to watch the halftime show. Meanwhile, 76% are looking forward to THIS. What is it?

Answer: Seeing the ads

That’s it for todays show! If you love what we do and want more of us check out our website lowtreestudios.com.

  continue reading

200 епізодів

Усі епізоди

×
 
Loading …

Ласкаво просимо до Player FM!

Player FM сканує Інтернет для отримання високоякісних подкастів, щоб ви могли насолоджуватися ними зараз. Це найкращий додаток для подкастів, який працює на Android, iPhone і веб-сторінці. Реєстрація для синхронізації підписок між пристроями.

 

Короткий довідник