Manage episode 342089506 series 42508
"If you're not in the top 1% or striving to be the best you can be at whatever you love doing, you're not going to feel fully alive in the short amount of time you're alive."
Friend of the show and Entre Institute founder Jeff Lerner returns, and the tables are turned this time. Today, we're pleased to share Jeff's interview with James on his Unlock Your Potential podcast, which focuses on three pillars:
- Humans have extraordinary potential
- Unlocking our potential is part of our purpose
- Hard things are worth doing if they make us better
The interview focuses on James' Skip the Line process hacks to become part of the top 1% in your given field, and James explains why striving for the top 1% is much healthier than trying to be #1 in the world.
Other Topics Include:
- What is James' method for digesting the universe? (06:47)
- Is James a 'Process Hacker'? (11:44)
- Being in the Top 1% (13:25)
- Mastering variety vs. Mastering one thing (24:16)
- Being #1 vs Being #15 (30:18)
- James' 25-year break from competitive chess (35:54)
- Is James afraid of achieving a 'best in the world' status? (42:18)
- "You rise to the level of your incompetence" (46:27)
- The Origins of NotePd.com and where it's headed (58:32)
- Capitalism vs "Innovationism" (68:00)
Editor’s note: Topic times don’t account for sponsor ads and may appear a few minutes later in the episode on your podcast player)
Visit Notepd.com to read our idea lists & sign up to create your own!
My new book Skip the Line is out! Make sure you get a copy wherever books are sold!
Join the You Should Run for President 2.0 Facebook Group, where we discuss why you should run for President.
I write about all my podcasts! Check out the full post and learn what I learned at jamesaltucher.com/podcast.
Thank you so much for listening! If you like this episode, please rate, review, and subscribe to “The James Altucher Show” wherever you get your podcasts:
Follow me on Social Media: