Manage episode 319916393 series 2879697
For today's Single Item Agenda (episode), we discuss;
- The Myth of Requiring An Accountancy Background To Be A Member of the Finance Committee and/or Justifiably Participating In Discussions About The School’s Budget and Financial Activities
- Understanding The Money Management From The Inside - It’s Really Just Income and Expenditure But Narrative Is Also Necessary
- The Timescales For Drafting The Budget In Maintained Schools (Financial Year vs the Academic Year for Academies)
- How To Navigate Committee Meetings, Even The Ones You’re Not On
- Financial Probity Is A Key Element Of Good Governance Practice - How Are You Upholding Your Duties?
We appreciate you listening to this episode. Please rate, review and subscribe to our podcast.
CONNECT WITH US
To contact us via email (comments, queries or to share your stories):
To follow us on social media:
Instagram - @thegovernorspodcast
Facebook - @thegovernorspodcast
Twitter - @thegovernorspod
To help us find you:
Use the hashtags #TheGovernorsPodcast and #SingleItemAgenda
--> School Governor, Professional Clerk and Qualified Corporate Governance Practitioner
Olivia D Hinds
--> Chair of a Teaching and Learning Committee, and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Link Governor
The Governor's Podcast launched in February 2021
The Governors' Podcast is a brand of Education Governance Solutions Limited
The current release schedule is Wednesdays @ 7am during term time (approx. 1-2 per month).
The Governors' Podcast defines its 'Seasons' by UK academic years (September to July) and the episodes are called ‘Agenda Items’.
Artwork by Onevma Limited
Produced by Onevma Productions
Theme Music by Hertz Beats, UK Producer