Manage episode 304523895 series 2868841
Kevin Fitts, Executive Director of the Oregon Mental Health Consumers Association discusses:
- The focus of the Oregon Mental Health Consumers Association;
- The importance of the voices of people with lived experience at the table;
- The need for a tiered system to meet people where they are when they seek help before they are in crisis;
- Peer respite to help bolster hope and meaning, support wellness, and build community; and
- The recent passage of a bill at the legislature for four regional peer respite centers in Oregon. One of which will specialize in working with an underserved BIPOC community.
For more information about the intersection between criminal justice and behavioral health in Oregon, please reach out to us through our website at http://www.ocbhji.org/podcast and Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/OCBHJI/. We’d love to hear from you.
For more information about the Oregon Mental Health Consumers Association, please visit http://omhca.org/