Analysing Celtic: “The Data” vs The “Eye Test” | The Reo Hatate Question
Manage episode 352098836 series 2882857
There’s been a lot of talk recently about data in football, particular in the Celtic Fan Media space.
But should analytics, xG and performance stats ever be deemed more important than the old fashioned eye test when it comes to how we evaluate football and footballers?
More and more teams in the modern game are taking a data driven/”Moneyball” approach when it comes to recruitment – and that has its merits – but can stats, graphs and percentages really tell you if someone is a good player or not?
We go through the pros and cons of a subject that seems to divide football fans the world over in this week’s “Big Debate”.
As one data enthusiast says:
“If David wants to beat Goliath, you can’t do that by using the same weapons!
Apparently.ALSO IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Ange Machine vs The Invincibles
- Juranovic to Serie A On The Cheap?
- Tributes To An Incredible Celtic Fan
- Another Hampden Trip Beckons
- Follow the channel for free on your podcast player of choice.
- Leave us a five star review here. (Takes 30 seconds)
- Enjoy even more content from us across the week by subscribing for our additional match content (covering every Celtic game!) at The Celtic Exchange Plus.