The Importance of Spiritual Discipline - Devotional Life (P1)
Manage episode 307990844 series 3001704
No one likes the word "discipline", it almost seems like a negative word, however, without discipline and hard work, it is difficult to grow in any area. The same goes for your spiritual life, genuine spiritual disciplines are key to growing as a Christian.
In this episode, you will learn the importance of a strong devotional life which includes:
- what are devotionals?
- barriers to a good devotional life
- a brief history of devotionals
- how to have a good devotional life
- methods of devotions
- pitfalls of devotionals
Further resources and references from the following Books:
- B: Donald Whitney, Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life (Colorado Springs, CO: NavPress, 2014).
- B: Robert Hudson, The Christian Writer's Manual of Style: 4th Edition (GR: Zondervan, 2004)
You can follow Andrew on the following social media channels if you want to stay in touch: