The Importance of Spiritual Discipline - Confession (P2)
Manage episode 311559981 series 3001704
Confession is the long lost art of the Church today, it seems like we are so obsessed with looking good and holy in front of others, that we forget the basics of what Christianity is all about. Confession is an important part of being a Christian and is something that has been lost over the centuries, in particular, today due to the obsessions with social media and only showing our "highlights".
In this episode, you will learn the importance of confession as a spiritual discipline which includes:
- what is confession?
- what are the reasons for the lack of confession in the church?
- what are the benefits of confession?
- how do you confess? and the types of confession?
- steps to take in order to create a confessing environment
Further resources and references from the following Books:
- W: https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/when-should-we-confess-sins-publicly
- B: Dictionary of the Christian Church by F. L. Cross (Hendrickson Publishers Inc, 2008)
You can follow Andrew on the following social media channels if you want to stay in touch: