Manage episode 307806177 series 1029780
Recently I have had a number of pastors reach out to me asking questions about church discipline. In this episode I share a few of my thoughts on the subject as well as a word of caution based on a painful experience of my own that came out of a church discipline situation.
- It's biblical, even though we don't see many churches do it today.
- The goal is restoration…not punishment.
- Everything must be done in love.
- Deal with the problem at the smallest level.
- “Private repentance for private sin; public repentance for public sin.”
- Membership question: Who are we responsible for?
- Social media considerations. Be careful.
- There is a purpose and a point in church discipline!
- People can experience love, accountability, correction, restoration, and forgiveness through Christ’s family.