Manage episode 333714572 series 3318148
Emma is joined by Matt Horsnell and together they discuss:
* Matt's journey to a diagnosis of narcolepsy with cataplexy and how obstructive sleep apnea did show up on his original sleep test but wasn't deemed severe enough to treat.
* Coping with depression and anxiety along with sleep disorders.
* Getting a diagnosis with severe obstructive sleep apnea and beginning treatment with CPAP.
* Matt finding ways for his sleep disorders to work for him and engaging with social support in the sleep disorders community.
* Becoming involved with sleep patient awareness and advocacy and coming up with the title "the World's Strongest Man with Narcolepsy and Cataplexy".
* Matt shares about the Project Sleep event he will take part in next month in Nashville. Find details here: https://project-sleep.com/events/nashville-innovations-in-narcolepsy-awareness-advocacy/
Follow Matt on Instagram: www.instagram.com/mhorsnell
This episode is sponsored by
Airway Management https://tapintosleep.com/
Follow the podcast on Instagram: @sleepapneastories
Email Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: this episode of the podcast includes people with sleep apnea discussing their own experiences of medical procedures and devices. This is for information purposes only and you should consult with your own medical professionals before you start or stop any medication or treatment.