Manage episode 304899376 series 2769326
Neko Mulally is a professional downhill mountain bike racer and three time US National Champion. He’s also the co-founder of Windrock Bike Park in Tennessee and is currently part of the Intense DH Factory Racing team.
In this conversation, we ask Neko:
- How did you find your passion for mountain biking at such an early age?
- What’s it like racing the World Cup on familiar trails at Snowshoe, West Virginia?
- What have you learned through the experience of building and operating Windrock Bike park?
- When you’re not riding park, where do you like to ride? Do you have a favorite trail?
- Why do you think people are so interested in how much money professional mountain bikers earn? Did money play into your decision to pursue a career in racing?
- Do today’s young mountain bike athletes have advantages or opportunities you didn’t have growing up?
- Do you have to live at the base of a mountain resort to become a pro downhiller?
- How do you feel about crashing? Is it true that if you’re not crashing, you’re not learning?
- Do you have any tips for avoiding serious injury when you do fall?
- What does your preparation for the World Cup season look like?
- How do strength and endurance training play into getting ready for competition?
- What’s are the best and worst parts about traveling the world to race mountain bikes?
Photo courtesy Neko Mulally.--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/singletracks/support