Manage episode 320569550 series 2930339
We finally did it! All our static files are served from AWS S3. This is the most significant improvement to our app’s architecture in years, and now we have unlocked the next level: multi-cloud. We talk about that at length, and how it fits in our 2022 setup. The TL;DR is that changelog.com will fly, both literally and figuratively.
We also address Steve’s comment that he left on our previous Kaizen episode - thanks Steve!
Towards the end, we talk about Gerhard’s new beginnings at Dagger, where he gets to work with a world-class team and build the next-gen CI/CD. That’s right, Gerhard is now walking the Ship It talk all day, every day. If you want to watch him code live, you can do so every Thursday, in our weekly community session.
Changelog++ members save 5 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- MongoDB – An integrated suite of cloud database and services — They have a FREE forever tier, so you can prove to yourself and to your team that they have everything you need. Check it out today at mongodb.com/changelog
- FireHydrant – The reliability platform for every developer. Incidents impact everyone, not just SREs. FireHydrant gives teams the tools to maintain service catalogs, respond to incidents, communicate through status pages, and learn with retrospectives. Try FireHydrant free for 14 days at firehydrant.io
- Rewatch – Rewatch gives product and engineering teams async superpowers and helps them move faster with greater clarity. Imagine all of your team’s videos, all in one place. Record, organize, and share the videos that your team needs to ship great work. Get started for free with 14-day trial at rewatch.com.
- Sentry – Working code means happy customers. That’s exactly why teams choose Sentry. From error tracking to performance monitoring, Sentry helps teams see what actually matters, resolve problems quicker, and learn continuously about their applications - from the frontend to the backend. Use the code
CHANGELOGand get the team plan free for three months.
- Adam Stacoviak – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub
- Gerhard Lazu – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- 🎧 Jerod tells our Elixir story on Beam Radio
- PR #400 - Move assets to S3
- PR #399 - 🎁 Auto-restoring K8s clusters for our 2022 setup
- PR #395 - 🎁 CI/CD Lego set -Dagger for our 2022 CI/CD
- Wireguard connects our GitHub Actions & Gerhard’s local dev to a remote Docker Engine running on Linux
- 🔈 Ship It #33 - Merry Shipmas!
- 🎧 Ship It #22 - It’s crazy and impossible - my guiding principles for finding a new team
- 🎙 Founders Talk #86 - Bringing observability superpowers to all - we have a lot in common with Honeycomb
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!