Manage episode 376927131 series 2994089
“Your life doesn’t get better by chance; it gets better by change” – Jim Rohn
Another fabulous quote and very relevant to today’s discussion as we investigate the differences between Apprenticeships and Universities, the part they play in hospitality and the difference they can make to an individual in improving their prospects.
Joining Phil on his quest for more knowledge in this space was Paul Evans FIH, Julie Crampton MIH (Tuning in from Luxemburg) and Amy Jones AIH. It’s clear that we really hit the panels wheelhouse as there were so many wonderful points raised and some questions for you to take away and ponder, including: -
- The context of Apprenticeships V Universities
- The importance of the individual circumstance
- The messaging around both
- The anecdotal experience of the panel
- The future of university focus from Government
- Life education
- The costs
- The connection between academia and experience
- The view from Europe
- Do we really need Hospitality Degrees?
- Aligning education with what the sector needs
- Online learning
And so much more.
Our guests also gave us their reasons for saying "I’m in" to the IOH which included: -
- It was a professional pathway to enhance career
- They enjoy what the IOH stands for
- To give back to the industry
- To stay connected to the industry, wherever in the world you are
- Access to the online resources
It was another great panel showcasing more talent and opinion from within the membership.
To learn more about the Institute of Hospitality visit https://www.instituteofhospitality.org/
For any feedback on the show or to put yourself forward as a future guest, please contact Phil Street directly at email@example.com