Manage episode 332415464 series 2926104
Sometimes we all need a little reminder that we’ve got this. In this episode, Whisper and Jemima share some affirmations that can give us that reminder. And in their signature fashion, throw in a little bit of everything as they wander around things off topic, catch up on their week and spend time laughing at themselves. So if you need a little break from your day, this episode is for you.
1. I am worthy. Worthy of being loved and cared for. Worthy of the good that comes to me. Worthy of being able to express my feelings.
2. I deserve to take up space. I don’t need permission to exist.
3. I am not my trauma. My dysfunctions are not a measurement of my true ability.
4. I have the right to acknowledge my feelings without having to justify them. I have a right to express all my feelings – positive or negative.
5 Thinking suicidal thoughts doesn't mean I want to kill myself, it's means I am hurting and in need of care.
6. I have a right to ask for what I want and I have the right to be happy.
7. I have a right to change my mind.
8. I have the right to say “no” to anything. If I am not ready, if it is unsafe, or if it conflicts with my values.
9. I am not responsible for the actions, feelings, or behavior of others.
10. I have the right to say, “I don’t know.”
11. I have the right to have my wants and needs respected by others.
12. I have the right to be treated with dignity and respect.