Manage episode 364279164 series 165679
If you’ve thought about getting more active on LinkedIn and building an audience there to increase the number of referral sources for your private practice or to move from clinical to online income, today’s session will be helpful for you. Since my very first LinkedIn post a few months ago, I’ve gone from 789 to 1864 followers and from 1000 to over 245,000 views.
The growth has been phenomenal! Throughout this process, I’ve done some things right and a lot of things wrong, and I hope you can learn from my experiences.
In today’s session, I’m sharing the mistakes I’ve made in the past six months in writing on LinkedIn and the best lessons I’ve learned along the way.
- Why I started writing on LinkedIn in November 2022–and was shocked at the views on my very first post
- My best tips for writing on LinkedIn:
- Turn on Creator Mode when you begin.
- Make narrowly-focused carousel posts related to your paid offerings–and this process can evolve over time. (Use these links to find out more about Shield and Flocksy.)
- Engage with targeted accounts to create an informal tribe.
- Post on a schedule that fits with your energy and mental health, even if it means you play the long game.
- My biggest challenges in writing on LinkedIn:
- Feeling pressure to post more often than I’m comfortable with doing.
- Overcoming perfectionism in artwork and graphics in my posts.
- Being on the “content-creation treadmill.”
- Determining whether I want the successful version of this endeavor–and the issues that accompany that success.
I would love to connect with you on LinkedIn!
We'd LOVE To Partner With You!
💻 Want to launch your online course?
Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit
🎙️ Looking to launch a successful podcast?
Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists:
Mentioned in this episode:
We'd LOVE To Partner With You!
➡️ Want to launch your online course? Please check out our free 7-Day Course Creator Starter Kit For Therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/coursekit ➡️ Looking to launch a successful podcast? Please check out our free "Using Podcasting To Grow Your Business" workshop for therapists: https://sellingthecouch.com/podcastingworkshop
If you like what you hear, subscribe to the show!
Never miss an episode! Subscribe to the show where ever you listen to your podcast. This will keep you up to date on all the latest releases and news going on in the STC world!
Join the Newsletter!
It's at this point now trusted by over 2700 clinicians. And each week we share the latest podcast episode some of the writing that I'm doing on LinkedIn, with regard to my journey as a course creator and making this transition from psychologist and clinical practice to all mine creator and owner of an online business. And we also included a brand new section called on Mel's Mind where I break down a blog post or a video or something that's inspiring me to become a better person and a better business owner. If any of that sounds interesting and would love to have you sign up, you can sign up over at https://sellingthecouch.com/newsletter. Get the FREE A to Z Online Course Guide just for signing up today!