Manage episode 340588834 series 2942635
For this month’s podcast we have invited Chris LaFerla, the Founder & CEO of Tatem, a B2B software company redesigning how work gets done.
Tatem’s first product is one of the simplest project management platforms on the planet, a radically different approach to project and task management.
Tatem is not just simple, it’s radically different, designed to help teams love their work. Though Tatem's journey began mere months ago in 2022, the business has already raised a $2.5M Seed Round, garnered an impressive roster of investors such as Caffeinated Capital, Signia Venture Partners, and The House Fund, and is empowering a growing number of teams.
Prior to Tatem, Chris Co-Founded his first company (an online marketplace for interior designers) and was an early employee at Faire working on strategy & finance. He started his career as an investment banker at Barclays covering internet and software. He holds a B.S. from UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, where he studied as a Regents' and Chancellor's Scholar.
In this podcast, show hosts Dave Erickson and Botond Seres explore with Chris what it takes to create, design and build a project management SaaS application. We ask and get answers to weighty questions such as:
- How did he start Tatem?
- How did you take your kernel of an idea and actually turn it into the initial MVP?
- Why are current Project management apps so difficult to use?
- Why do many Project management platforms lack complete Metrics?
- What kind of Metrics should Task and Project Management Software have?
- What is the role that AI might have in task management and project management?
- If you're going to implement AI, how would you use AI in project management or task management?
- You can make something really simple, but it's not very usable, because it's so narrow. How do you make something simple that is also very usable?
- Why the name Tatem, does Tatem have a special meaning?
- What do you think was one of the biggest lessons that you learned in developing Tatem?
- Which metric is the most important in Project Management?
- What are your thoughts on trying to make it so that you don't cross that boundary and turn a person into basically a robot processing tickets as fast as they can? To keep their velocity known?
Our Podcast host Dave Erickson and Botond Seres get the answers to all these questions and more in this month’s exciting ScreamingBox Technology and Business Rundown podcast. You can catch all episodes at https://podcast.screamingbox.com/
If you wish to try Tatem for free, please go to: https://app.tatem.com/sign-up
If you have questions for our Podcast Hosts or Guest, you can reach them here:
Dave Erickson = https://www.linkedin.com/in/daveerickson1/
Botond Seres = https://www.linkedin.com/in/botondseres/
GUEST: Chris Laferla = https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopherlaferla/