Manage episode 328691179 series 1911917
Business band frequencies.... what can we find when we search these ranges?
These frequencies are used in places like department stores, home centers, nurseries or garden centers, schools, etc.
Building a scan list of these frequencies will strange results that may surprise you.
What You Need To Know
- “Business Band” is an unofficial name to common frequencies used by businesses
- In the past, businesses and other organizations could obtain a GMRS license, and some radios were sold with color-coded GMRS channels for business use.
- In 2017, the FCC rules were changed, and FRS frequencies were combined with GMRS. As a result, the businesses can operate in lower power and lower bandwidth FRS radios on these same frequencies shared with GMRS.
- MURS is a multi-use radio service, and these are VHF narrowband frequencies with a power limit of two watts.
- The FCC formerly defines MURS as a private two-way short-distance voice or data communication service for personal or business activities of the public.
- While FRS was primarily set up for use by personal use, it got grabbed up and became a part of business use.
- Family Radio Service frequencies should be in your business band scan lists.
- CB can be used for businesses
- There is no need to get a license for CB, which makes it attractive again for businesses, and there is CB all over the world, which is another crazy thing.
- We can find forestry services on “low band” vhf frequencies in the neighborhood of 27MHz.
- We have already heard that some companies like Walmart are now switching over to their own IP-based radio systems.
- Some business have begun using Spread Spectrum Radios which are not scannable.
- For the most part, most businesses are going to buy the bubble pack radios or the radios they get from their local radio dealers, and they're going to be put on some of the business band channels that are free to use.
- Simply scanning these business band frequencies will find plenty of results you only need to program in your scanners.
- We can find national radio services offering business solutions
- Many business might be using local "community" trunk systems if they need a larger footprint to communicate. (Tow Trucks, Oil companies, Security)
🔗 Links from Today's Podcast
Radio Reference Wiki Page for Itinerant Frequencies: https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Common_Itinerant_and_Business
Radio Rental Companies: https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Common_Itinerant_and_Business#Radio_Rental_Companies
==================================== Frequency bands used (US) (In MHz)
🎙 Join our new Scanner Radio Community
Join our FREE Discord server and connect with other Scanner Radio Users!
By using Discord, a free, multi-platform community portal, you can now be part of the Scanner Radio Discussion!
Chat real time, share photos, ask questions, and give feedback to other's in chat.
🎓 Check out our online courses
Our free Software Defined Radio course will have you up and running with a SDR in a weekend.
Upgrade to our Advanced Course, and learn how to setup SDR Software like a pro.
⚠️ I want to answer your questions
I am always looking to answer your scanner radio question.
If you have a question you'd like answered, please leave me a voicemail with your question:
🏆 Thank you Patreon Supporters
Thank you to all monthly Patreon Supporters.
Supporting the podcast can be done for as little as $1 per month.
Supporters at the $3 and $5 level will receive the podcast without the middle commercial break.
Supporters at the $5 level not only receive the podcast early, but they also get access to discount codes, monthly zoom meetings, and Squelchy sticker packs.
🔗 Join our Patreon program at https://www.scannerschool.com/patreon
🎥 Subscribe to our growing YouTube Channel
We are live once a month on YouTube to answer your questions. 2022 will be the year of Video for Scanner School Be ready for the upcoming videos by subscribing now to our YouTube channel
➡️ Follow Scanner School on Social Media
▶︎ Twitter - https://www.scannerschool.com/twitter
▶︎ Facebook Page - https://www.scannerschool.com/facebook
▶︎ Facebook Community - https://www.scannerschool.com/faceboo...
▶︎ Instagram - https://www.scannerschool.com/instagram
▶︎ TikTok - https://www.scannerschool.com/tiktok
All session notes with links to the items we talked about can be found on our website at