Manage episode 376961249 series 3276400
Join us for a panel discussion examining the complex legal and ethical implications of enacting age verification requirements for access to social media and adult websites. The panel will dive into regulatory and legislative proposals and efforts, the role of tech companies and educational institutions, and the technological solutions available. Key questions include: How can we balance children's privacy and safety? What are the roles of government, companies, and parents? Is it necessary to restrict access by age? This timely discussion will provide a nuanced look at the issues from all sides as we seek to build a safer, more responsible digital world for the next generation.
- Clare Morell, Senior Policy Analyst, Technology and Human Flourishing Project, Ethics and Public Policy Center
- Ben Sperry, Senior Scholar, Innovation Policy, International Center for Law & Economics
- Jamie Susskind, Legislative Director for Senator Marsha Blackburn, U.S. Senate
- Shoshana Weissmann, Director, Digital Media, Communications and Fellow, R Street Institute
- [Moderator] Ashkhen Kazaryan, Senior Fellow, Free Speech & Peace, Stand Together
Visit our website – www.RegProject.org – to learn more, view all of our content, and connect with us on social media.