Manage episode 172723865 series 1326665
Selling a home is a complicated process. If you aren’t careful or you don’t have the right person guiding you through the transaction, it can lead to a lot of headaches. Here are seven mistakes that you should avoid when selling to ensure a successful transaction:
1. Don’t take your own photos. We hire a professional photographer to come out and take pictures of our listings. It’s so important to have good photos, so that’s an expense we take on ourselves.
2. Don’t try to sell your home by yourself. You hire a professional Realtor to sell your home because they know that homes sell for more with an agent than you would save on commission if you didn’t hire one.
3. Don’t argue with your agent about price. Although you have the final say on price, you should use the data and information your agent gives you to make an informed decision.
4. Don’t trust Zillow as the word of God. We use an equity evaluation, among other models, to see four different angles of your market value and decide what the best price is. Don’t take Zillow too seriously.
5. Don’t be present during a showing. We highly suggest you get away while the home is being shown.
6. Don’t refuse to negotiate. Buyers have a tendency to lowball you and it might hurt your feelings. Don’t take it personally, use it to start the negotiations.
7. Don’t ignore your agent’s requests for repairs or cleaning. I’m a big advocate of putting your best foot forward when selling. If there are any small repairs or extra cleaning that could be done, you should do them if your agent recommends it. The more work you put into staging your home, the more it will attract buyers.
Paying special attention to these seven things can make or break your home sale. If you have any questions for us, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you.