Manage episode 287091959 series 1601405
In this episode, Kevin and Thom provide an updated assessment of how the pandemic has affected revitalization of churches. Enjoy it — there is some good news in this podcast.
- Good: Many church leaders have become more focused.
- Bad: Church leaders are weary, and leading revitalization and replanting has become more exhausting.
- Good: The members who are returning are typically more committed.
- Bad: Fewer members are returning.
- Good: Digital streaming services have reached a new mission field.
- Bad: Many revitalizing churches are eliminating or minimizing digital streaming services as they return to in-person services.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Six Things (Both Good and Bad) the Pandemic Has Done to Replanting and Revitalizing Churches appeared first on Church Answers.