Manage episode 289448663 series 1601405
The small group ministry of a church has always been a vital ministry of a congregation. In this episode, Kevin and Thom share why the ministry is more important in a post-COVID world.
1. Assimilation will be critical and fragile in the regathering stage.
2. There will be an immediate desire for connections as the church regathers.
3. Your church’s financial support will come largely from your group ministry.
4. There is the opportunity for the blank slate period to give a new emphasis on small groups.
5. The church is gravitating toward smaller gatherings naturally.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Five Reasons Your Group Ministry Is More Important as the Church Regathers appeared first on Church Answers.