Manage episode 309828359 series 3043265
Many church leaders in revitalizing churches bring someone on staff from within the congregation. Mark and Thom examine the reasons why this move can be problematic. Be sure to listen to episode #201 where they look at the opposite perspective, the reasons why you should hire from within.
1. Working with someone can bring out a totally different personality.
2. The person hired from within can see his or her relationship with the pastor to carry perks and privileges.
3. When you dismiss an internal hire, you could have problems with many church members.
4. Correcting or disciplining an internal hire can be frustrating.
5. Others on staff may not know how to relate to the internal hire.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post The Problems of Hiring a Staff Member from within the Church Membership appeared first on Church Answers.