Ep 115: Secure Act 2.0 - Key Impacts on Your Retirement Planning
Manage episode 352388404 series 3404044
Зроблено Kevin Kroskey, CFP® & Tyler Emrick, CFA® CFP®, Kevin Kroskey, Tyler Emrick, and CFA® CFP® і знайдено завдяки Player FM та нашій спільноті. Авторські права належать видавцю, а не Player FM, і аудіоматеріали транслюються безпосередньо з сервера видавця. Натисніть на кнопку Підписатися, щоб слідкувати за оновленнями в Player FM або скопіюйте і вставте посилання на канал до іншої програми для подкастів.
The much anticipated Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act 2.0 recently passed Congress as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023. While no single change made in this act will have the same level of effect on your retirement planning as some changes made in the original SECURE Act, passed in December 2019, there are far more provisions in this act that may impact your planning. Hear Tyler Emrick, CFP, CFA discuss some of the more impactful changes and how they will affect your planning and retirement. Here's some of what you'll learn in this episode:… continue reading
- What is the SECURE Act and why another update? (1:23)
- Big changes to RMDs including age being pushed back again. (3:22)
- The Roth changes that you can start planning for. (8:29)
- Catch-up contributions for high-income earners will be required to be Roth. (11:11)
- A 529 to Roth transfer will be allowed after 15 years. How can you qualify for that? (13:47)
- Additional contribution increases coming in 2024 and 2025. (17:10)
- A few other changes that we think you should know about. (20:18)
Need help making sure your investments and retirement plan are on track? Click to schedule a free 15-minute call with one of True Wealth's CFP® Professionals.