Manage episode 284413263 series 2423222
In 1871, Charles Spurgeon wrote to his wife, Susannah "My Own Dear one - None know how grateful I am to God for you. In all I have ever done for Him, you have a large share. For in making me so happy you have fitted me for service. Not an ounce of power has ever been lost to the good cause through you. I have served the Lord far more, and never less, for your sweet companionship. The Lord God Almighty bless you now and forever!"
On this episode of the podcast, Dr. Ray Rhodes, Jr. returns to the podcast to talk about his new book, Yours, Till Heaven: The Untold Love Story of Charles and Susie Spurgeon.
On this episode we'll discuss:
- How Charles and Susannah first met
- What their courtship looked like in Victorian England
- How Susannah adjusted to life with the famous preacher
- Susannah's contributions to Charles' ministry
- How Charles ministered to Susannah in their home
- The lasting lessons we can take from their marriage
Support the show (https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/reasonabletheology)