Manage episode 288375800 series 1426437
Jessi Haggerty, registered dietitian and certified intuitive eating counselor, joins me for the fourth episode on this podcast series of questions!
On this episode we address the question, “What IS weight inclusive care?”. We talk about how weight inclusive care differs from the norms of healthcare, weight stigma, and…how weight management is an expression of weight stigma.
- Anti-Diet RD Group Supervision only: Come join us!
- Anti-Diet RD Course here: https://heathercaplan.teachable.com/
- The Weight-Inclusive versus Weight-Normative Approach to Health: Evaluating the Evidence for Prioritizing Well-Being over Weight Loss, Tylka et al.
- RD Real Talk Episode 165: How Weight Management is a Form of Weight Stigma
Where to find Jessi:
- Instagram: @jessihaggertyrd
- Website: jessihaggerty.com
- Twitter: @jessihaggertyrd
- The Body Love Podcast
Reach out anytime: RDRealTalk at Gmail.com
Leave a rating or review on Apple Podcasts!
Your Host: Heather Caplan RD
Download the NEW Anti-Diet RD Guide to Weight Loss Conversations by clicking here, and subscribe to the RD Real Talk newsletter!