Manage episode 302929282 series 1004546
- Microsoft's new Surface Duo 2 has all the features that were missing the first time around.
- Leaked hands-on video of the Pixel 6 Pro confirms glossy back, Google Tensor specs.
- Google's NYC store now lets you see, but not touch, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
- Galaxy Fold-style Pixel foldable, 'Jumbojack,' spotted in Android 12.1.
- Facebook introduces portable Portal Go for $199.
- Amazon announces new Kindle Paperwhite lineup with 6.8-inch screens, USB-C.
- Amazon withholds its ebooks from libraries because it prefers you pay it instead.
- Facebook vs Instagram vs Messenger.
- Facebook Rolls Out News Feed Change That Blocks Watchdogs from Gathering Data.
- 6 takeaways from this week's Works With event.
- Prenuvo scan.
- Whoop wearable.
- Home computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair dies aged 81.
- Arctic Adventure by Harry McCracken.
- YouTube takes down the Ig Nobel show because of a 1914 recording.
- Jeff Bezos pledges $1 billion to conservation through Bezos Earth Fund.
- Amazon's big fall hardware event is set for September 28th.
- Amazon releases Echo Studio with Billie Eilish's face on it that's $30 more expensive.
- Amazon closes 3,000 Chinese-brand online stores in campaign against fake reviews.
- YouTube gets official video downloads on the web, saving you from using some very sketchy sites.
- Google emits Chrome 94 with 'Idle Detection' API to detect user inactivity amid opposition.
- Google Maps can now adjust its Android Auto UI for right-hand drive cars.
- Gmail search filters introduced on the web last year are now coming to Android.
- Google's iOS 15 app updates bring XL YouTube Music & Photos widgets, Focus mode support.
- Google Meet for web gets automatic brightness boost when you're underexposed.
- Fitbit starts rolling out 'Snore & Noise Detect' for Sense, Versa 3.
- Zoom's Nearly $15 Billion Deal for Five9 Under U.S. Government Review Over China Ties.
- Cameo launches Cameo Calls, a service for fans to video chat with celebs.
- Jason - Watch Duty app
- Ant - Future Moments
- Ant - Marshall Monitor II with ANC
- Leo - Baratunde Thurston's Animated 'How to Be Black' Project in Development at ABC
- Leo - "Hey Google, read with Reese's Book Club"
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit