Manage episode 319326681 series 3234219
How stablecoins are similar and different from other monetary assets. What are stablecoin risks. Why central bank digital currencies are one of the biggest threats to stablecoins.
Topics covered include:
- Why the Federal Reserve and other central banks are exploring issuing their own digital currencies
- What is the difference between public and private money
- How deposit insurance and central bank actions prevent runs on private money
- How money market mutual funds are a type of stablecoin
- How true stablecoins and algorithmic stablecoins differ
- What is driving the demand for stablecoins
- What are the risks of stablecoins
For more information on this episode click here.