Manage episode 329828097 series 1933048
In Episode 283, Ben brings Andrew Connell out of podcast retirement to discuss Azure Bicep. They discuss why to use Bicep, how and where to go to learn it, uses cases for Bicep as well how you can use it for CICD. Finally, they wrap up by answering the question…will we see a Voitanos course on Bicep?
Like what you hear and want to support the show? Check out our membership options.
- Bicep Documentation – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/bicep/
- What is Azure Bicep? – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/bicep/overview?tabs=bicep
- How to create Azure Function Apps with Bicep – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgB3cSUdNM
- How to: CI/CD/IaC for Azure Function Apps and GitHub Actions – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36R1pzPuLvs
- Getting started with Azure Bicep – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/itops-talk-blog/getting-started-with-azure-bicep/ba-p/3064214
Andrew Connell is a web developer with a focus on Microsoft Azure & Microsoft 365, specifically SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Azure, Node.js, .NET Core, and React that enjoys development, writing & teaching…if it’s a cutting-edge web you will find Andrew there! He has received Microsoft’s MVP award every year since 2005 and has helped thousands of developers through the various courses he’s authored and taught both in-person & in online courses. His training company, Voitanos (https://www.voitanos.io), is dedicated to delivering industry-leading on-demand video training for Microsoft 365 & Microsoft Azure professional developers.
Throughout the years Andrew has been fortunate enough to share what he has learned at conferences like Microsoft’s TechEd, Build, Ignite & the SharePoint Conference (SPC), the European SharePoint Conference, 365EduCon (formerly SharePoint Fest), and Angular’s ngConf & AngularU among many others all around the world in North America, Europe, Asia & Australia. You can find Andrew on his popular blog (http://www.andrewconnell.com), follow him on Twitter @andrewconnell or @voitanos, check out some of the numerous projects he’s involved in on GitHub (http://www.github.com/andrewconnell), or check out his YouTube channel at https://voitanos.tv.
About the sponsors
|Intelligink utilizes their skill and passion for the Microsoft cloud to empower their customers with the freedom to focus on their core business. They partner with them to implement and administer their cloud technology deployments and solutions. Visit Intelligink.com for more info.|