Manage episode 298520057 series 2883615
Today I’m joined by Mandy Lambert, an instructional designer interning at Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) and our discussion is all about the book Design Thinking for Training and Development by Sharon Boller and Laura Fletcher. From the back of the book:
"When training and development initiatives treat learning as something that occurs as a one-time event, the learner and the business suffer. Using design thinking can help talent development professionals ensure learning sticks to drive improved performance. With its hands-on, use-it-today approach, this book will get you started on your own journey to applying design thinking."
In summarizing and reflecting on the book we cover topics such as:
- 4 key pillars design thinking for learning design
- The value of the 5 kinds of constraints
- How a great design considers the sweet spot of all stakeholders, not just learners
- The elements of a great implementation plan
And much more!
You can check out more about the book here:
- Q&A with the authors: https://www.td.org/press-release/q-a-with-the-authors-of-design-thinking-for-training-and-development
- Buy the book: https://www.td.org/books/design-thinking-for-training-and-development
Also, learn more about Mandy at her website! https://mandylambert100.wixsite.com/website
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/lxleader)