Manage episode 301072689 series 2839532
Dr. Geoff Wilson is a world-class polar explorer, dynamic keynote speaker and entrepreneur. He’s living a vast and varied life split between being a family man, veterinary surgeon and expeditionist - constantly squeezing every drop out of life.
Geoff has developed an intense resilience, gathered by a lifetime of pushing his mind and body through the harshest wilderness. This steel-trap mindset has equipped him with the fervor to pursue audacious challenges all over the globe, inspiring men and women along the way to abandon the perils of complacency and discover their greater purpose.
Geoff has an exhaustive list of accolades;
He holds World Records for:
- The longest solo, unsupported Polar Journey in Human History (2019/20)
- The first summit of Dome Argus, solo and unsupported (2019/20)
- The fastest solo, unsupported crossing of Antarctica (2013/14)
- The fastest unsupported crossing of Greenland, South to North (2017)
- The first to cross the Torres Strait by kiteboard (2012)
- The first and only wind-assisted crossing of the Sahara Desert (2009)
In part two of my conversation with Geoff we talked about his Antarctica crossing and explored the concept of Dream Mapping as a way of envisioning a life of adventure and meaning. We also discussed the importance of building dreams that bring justice and contribute towards making this world a more magnificent planet for us all to live in.