Manage episode 294531703 series 2825915
“I deal with anxiety almost every day at some level. And sometimes it's worse than, or sometimes it's better than other times, but anything to help people understand that they're not alone.”
Jeff Allen, a mental health advocate and host of Simple Mental Health Podcast shares his journey through anxiety, how he overcame shame and stigma around seeking help, and taking medication.
- How Jeff discovered he had an anxiety disorder.
- Backlash he received from churchgoers for opening up about his mental health condition.
- Spiritual doubt process that he went through
- Prayer, medication and therapy
- His journey of spiritual deconstruction and reconstruction
- More about his podcast called Simple Health Podcast
Links and Resources
Simple Mental Health Podcast
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/hopeforanxiety)