485: Dr. John J. Cannell, M.D., Executive Director of Vitamin D Council, discusses the latest vitamin D news
Manage episode 886813 series 3509
This is the second in a series of ongoing monthly interviews with Dr. Cannell.
In this interview with John J. Cannell, M.D., Executive Director of Vitamin D Council, Dr. Cannell discusses the latest vitamin D news:
- The US Preventive Services Task Force recommendations regarding low-dose vitamin D for healthy, post-menopausal women to prevent fractures
- The health benefits of potassium
- The relationship between parathyroid hormone, vitamin D levels, and (calcium oxalate) kidney stones
- The impact of vitamin D on postural stability (aka athletic performance), and preventing falls
- Vitamin D as it relates to pain, sleep, and quality of life
- The difference between Vitamin D-2 and Vitamin D-3
Additional information on Vitamin D can be found at www.vitamindcouncil.org.