Manage episode 364465955 series 2715240
I’m delighted to have Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge back on the show again! She was with me before in Episode 174.
Dr. Roseann is an incredible pediatric mental health expert who utilizes traditional and non-traditional modalities for her patient population. She joins me today to discuss the role of Myo-inositol from a mood and mental health perspective. We dive into what Myo-inositol does in the body, what depletes it, and how the gut and the brain connect with the vagus nerve. We talk about the mental health benefits of Myo-inositol and how it impacts mood disorders- specifically eating disorders and binge eating, as well as obsessive-compulsive disorder, stress and anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. We also get into Dr. Roseann’s unique ways of calming the autonomic nervous system and brain inflammation, the current medical model and its limitations, and the impact of trauma.
I sincerely hope you enjoy listening to today’s interesting and informative conversation with Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge!
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- The benefits of Myo-inositol.
- The impact of having low magnesium in the body.
- How to protect yourself from the depletion of the microbiome.
- Why it is essential to listen to your body.
- The connection between the gut and the vagus nerve.
- How the magic in mental health is in the micro-changes.
- Where to start when helping a teenager or young adult struggling with OCD, anxiety, or depression.
- Why is it important to reframe negative thoughts?
- What happens when the brain is dysregulated?
- What is going on in the brain when we’re under stress?
- The root cause of mental illness.
- What you can do to improve your brain health.
- The role of trauma in mood disorders.
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
Check out Cynthia’s website
Connect with Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge
On her website
Dr. Roseann’s podcast, It’s Gonna Be OK!