"SPIRITUAL, BUT NOT RELIGIOUS" with Rev. Karla -- Ex-Evangelical -- Affirming Faith -- Deconstruction and Reconstruction of Faith -- Interfaith Community -- Self-Improvement -- Personal Development --
Manage episode 291486067 series 2526010
On a journey of religious deconstruction? Maybe you are in the process reconstruction after leaving the evangelical church or another restrictive religion…Reverend Karla is the spiritual (but not religious) mama bear that will help us find our way.
If you are looking for spiritual connection and ways to find God in your every day life, then you will enjoy being a part of Reverend Karla’s ministry and community! She teaches that the Holy experience is available to us all no matter who you are, where you were born, who you love, or what your spiritual beliefs are. There is space at the table for all because she believes God is big enough to share. Rev. Karla’s mission is to connect seekers like ourselves as we explore spirituality outside of organized religion, heal from religious trauma, discover Christianity through a new set of eyes, learn from leaders of different traditions, and create beautiful, compassionate communities.
Today’s show covers topics like:
- What it means to be spiritual but not religious, and why it is a sacred and valid path?
- What does identifying as “interfaith” mean?
- Do you still maintain Christian roots?
- What other paths have you explored? (GOD IS BIG ENOUGH TO SHARE )
- Do you believe all religions point to the same path?
- How do we interpret the Bible now? (literal, historical, or figurative text written by inspired humans or by God?)
- Why it’s important to accept others’ life journeys as just as meaningful and sacred as your own
- How “welcoming” churches, but not “affirming” churches harm the LGBTQIA+ community
- How evangelical purity culture has harmed its members and how to heal
- What is religious trauma and how to begin a spiritual journey to heal from it
- Reimagining the faith community (such as the online platform communities we are creating) and how they can affirm us and connect us to like minds
Stay in touch with Reverend Karla
It’s time to set yourself FREE, Lovely One!
The love of God inside of me honors the love in you. Namaste, My Friends.
I hope you benefit from ENLIGHTENED, the podcast by me, Sophia Spallino, an audible experience that leaves you feeling at peace, encouraged, and in touch with your soul.
If you feel comfortable to share how the show is touching your heart, please leave a rating and review on iTunes or the Apple Podcast App. It will only take a minute, but genuine reviews are vital to the success of my show, so please review by tapping here.
Thank you for supporting my labor of love by sharing screenshots of the podcast, subscribing, and by pledging to contribute. Because creating inspiring content demands my time, creativity, resources, and talent, I depend on generous listeners like you to support the production of my show. Kindly support Enlightened for as little as $0.99/mo by tapping here. *you may cancel at anytime.
With infinite love and gratitude, I pray that peace be with you. xo Sophia (@SophiaSpallino on Instagram)
- Learn more about me and what I do: https://www.SophiaSpallino.com
- Follow me on Instagram for inspiring real-life stories everyday: https://www.instagram.com/sophiaspallino/
- Pledge to support my show: http://bit.ly/SupportEnlightened
- Shop my merch: https://www.SophiaSpallino.com/shop
- Shop my favorite books and card decks here: http://bit.ly/SoulBooks
- If you would like to download my TikTok/Reels or Podcast Start Up class, here is the link: https://sophiaspallino.com/mentorship/
- If you are seeking wisdom & guidance, branding/social media tips, dating advice, a breakup breakthrough session, or a card reading, schedule a one-on-one virtual meeting with me: https://sophiaspallino.com/mentorship
The post “SPIRITUAL, BUT NOT RELIGIOUS” with Rev. Karla — Ex-Evangelical — Affirming Faith — Deconstruction and Reconstruction of Faith — Interfaith Community — Self-Improvement — Personal Development — appeared first on Sophia Spallino • Enlightened the Podcast.