Manage episode 294090997 series 2576053
It is the coworking company that was once valued at over $50 billion, but then came spectacularly crashing down.
In this episode, we'll learn about the amazing rise and fall of the company that tried to make office space cool.
- The questions that WeWork gets us thinking about
- WeWork at its peak
- The founding of WeWork in 2010
- Who was Adam Neumann?
- Who was Miguel McKelvey
- How WeWork as a business worked
- Making office space cool
- WeWork attracting billions of dollars in investment
- Meeting Mayoshi Son
- The vision continues to grow, and The We Company is born
- Was WeWork a tech company?
- Burning through money
- Things start to go wrong
- Looking under the hood
- The collapse of WeWork
- The phoenix to rise from the flames?
Full transcript, subtitles and key vocabulary available on the website: https://www.leonardoenglish.com/podcasts/wework