Electric Ladies Podcast - Women Leaders Discuss Careers, Trends, Technologies and Innovation in Energy, Climate, and Corporate Responsibility
Creative Community Solar Financing – Laura Pagliarulo, SolaREIT
Manage episode 302828201 series 1017395
“SolaREIT works with a lot of community solar developers. When a landowner wants to tie up their land or farm their land for solar for a community project, we can come in and be the land financing solution.” Laura Pagliarulo on Electric Ladies Podcast
As more communities want solar, and don’t have access to their own solar panels, such as in apartments or condos, they are looking for more creative solutions. The Energy Department is trying to create new solutions.
SolaREIT thinks they have developed one such solution. It’s a real estate investment trust (REIT) that leverages land under one owner to provide financing for solar power to other people. Confused? Curious?
Listen to Laura Pagliarulo, CEO of SolaREIT, explain how it works to host Joan Michelson on Electric Ladies podcast.
- How SolaREIT leverages farm land or other land, to help speed up the transition to clean energy, and provide an income to the property owner at the same time.
- How exactly it works – no matter how small the land parcel is – and where there’s flexibility.
- How SolaREIT provides community solar to communities looking for it – and the cost.
- Examples of stories of landowners doing this now
- Plus, insightful career advice ….
“Your network is critical, because those are the people who know you and support you and can open doors on a regular basis… and you gotta be willing to take risks… I have learned more about myself in the (SolaREIT) startup process than I ever have working at any other company and in defined roles.” Laura Pagliarulo on Electric Ladies podcast
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Jennifer Gerbi, Deputy Director and Acting Director, ARPA-E, Dept. of Energy
- Anne Kelly, Ceres, on the role of the business community in the clean energy transition
- Lisa Jacobson, Business Council for Sustainable Energy, on the impact of covid on energy and transitioning to a clean energy economy
- Rachel Kyte, CEO, UN’s Sustainable Energy for All program
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson