Planning Your Destination Wedding in Morocco - Ep. 9
Manage episode 327110688 series 2974289
Siham Nkonda joins us today to share her insight as a wedding and events planner, based out of Marrakech with her company, La Perle Bespoke Events.
Morocco is consistently named one of the world's top wedding destinations (Harper's Bazaar, Brides.com, Pinterest Magazine and more), being a country with so many options for vibrant locations, cultural activities and stunning photographs.
As an overseas excursion for most, it is the type of wedding that will likely require the knowledge and expertise of an experienced local wedding planner, and Siham's passion is to be just that.
You're About to Learn:
- How it takes a lot of people behind the scenes, a great network of collaborators, to prepare a destination wedding: videographers, photographers, vendors, caterers and more.
- Who Siham's typical clients are, and why, and the types of wedding packages she offers.
- The story of henna, how it's done and what role it plays during Moroccan weddings.
- Who the Negafa is, and how important she is for the bride.
- The different types of kaftan dresses and how they fit into the ceremony.
- When to start planning, and how far in advance.
- Why Siham puts an emphasis on local sourcing and themes for her events.
If you're considering something different, exotic, exciting and unique for your wedding, there are few places more enchanting than Morocco. This episode is the perfect place to get started on your dreaming and planning!
This Episode is sponsored by:
Travel Anywhere - One stop for all your travel needs.
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
Siham's own wedding: stunning photos!
Who is the Negafa? Instagram story
What is the Ammaria? Instagram story
Henna tattoos: Process and presentation
Follow, Share and Participate:
Learn more about the show on our Podcast Website
Find beautiful pictures on our Instagram!
Help people find us: Leave a Review in Apple Podcasts
Help us grow: Rate us on Spotify