166: The Search for the Perfect Church
Manage episode 300632283 series 2412309
Have you found yourself frustrated, discouraged, or even disillusioned by the state of the western church today? Are you longing for a church that reflects God’s intentions for Christians rather than the flawed leadership of humans and harmful effects of sin?
In this conversation, Holly and I are digging into the idea of searching for the perfect church. We’re sharing why so many people are seeking a perfect church, why this search is futile, and what we should be looking for instead.
Disclaimer: We are not coming at this as experts in church culture or structure, but rather based on being a pastor’s wife and church participants and leaders over the years. We’re sharing our thoughts based on what we are seeing happen in the current landscape, but we are not claiming to have all the answers.
For the full show notes, go to estherlittlefield.com/episode166.Podcast Sponsor:
Confident Conversations is a mini-course designed to help you initiate and lead hard conversations as a Christian woman ..even if you struggle with confrontation, aren’t sure what to say, and want to avoid hurting people in the process.
Find out more and grab this mini-course here: http://confidentconversations.co/
Other Episodes & Links Mentioned:
- Episode 59: The Importance of Apologetics in Leadership & Dealing with Doubt with Hillary Morgan Ferrer [Faith Series]
- Episode 96: Deconstruction, Apologetics, and Discipleship with Alisa Childers [Discipleship Series]
- Episode 74: What to Do When You Face Hard Situations in Leadership [Communication Series]
- Episode 60: Glass Ceilings, Sticky Floors, and How to Be Effective as Women in Leadership with Kadi Cole [Faith Series]
- Episode 112: 5 Principles for Sharing Your Personal Convictions as a Christian Leader (without promoting legalism)