Manage episode 294922076 series 2709629
The incredible Kristin Neff PhD, author of the new book Fierce self-compassion: The feminist guide for women to understand, appreciate and speak up for themselves, joins me on this week's episode. If you don't know who Kristin is, she is quite a big deal in the self-compassion world. A leading voice in the field, I quoted her several times in my book The Anxiety Solution.
- Why the words fierce and kind don't often come together and why they should
- Her own story around self-compassion
- Why she wrote this book specifically for women
- Why is it so hard for us to be kind to ourself
- Tapping into anger as a force for good
For the full episode search for 'The Calmer you Podcast' in the podcast app in iTunes or on Spotify or come on over to https://calmer-you.com/blog.
Don't forget to grab your FREE anxiety-busting tool kit at https://www.calmer-you.com/free. and you'll also be the first to hear about the latest news, freebies and podcasts.
Thanks so much for listening!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.