Manage episode 297496278 series 2720051
Melanie Silverman, Chief Clinical Officer at Pacify, joins us today to discuss her background and the ways her company meets the needs of breastfeeding families. While not a replacement for in-person care, Pacify offers parents 24/7 support for breastfeeding questions and help. While Pacify is not a replacement for in-person care or working with complex issues like tongue tie, it augments breastfeeding medicine with its accessibility to families across the US.
In this episode you'll hear:
- What Pacify does for new parents, all over the United States.
- Why Pacify sis o important to new parents--breastfeeding can be an amazing way that new parents can improve their own health and the health of their babies.
- The main issues we see among new parents — also address, that they feel alone (especially during COVID-19!) and are wondering whether they are doing this "breastfeeding thing" correctly!
- Breastfeeding can be an incredible equalizer. The vast majority of new parents struggle with the same questions about breastfeeding.
- Pacify hears from non-birthing partners, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and others who call in for help.
- We really need to listen first, rather than come in with our own agenda and provide care without judgement.
- Diversity among IBCLCs — why it matters and ways that to address it
- Pacify website: https://www.pacify.com
- Pacify App (get 20% off with code holisticlactation)
- Pacify on Instagram
- Pacify on Twitter
- Melanie on LinkedIn