Manage episode 298722351 series 1397548
Do you want to raise compassionate, kind-hearted people who fight injustice rather than contribute to it? Melinda Wenner Moyer digs deeply into the research on child development and parenting and translates it into straightforward, actionable strategies that the science truly supports. In her book How to Raise Kids Who Aren't Assholes she tackles some of today’s most important issues, including entitlement, race, sexism and social media.
- How to motivate kids
- The importance of empathy
- The harms of inflated praise
- The surprising truth about self-esteem
- What's the latest research on screen time?
You May Also Like:
- 251: How to Raise a Self-Driven Child
- 244: Should You Worry About Your Kids Screen Time?
- 234: Why Kids Resist and What to Do About It
BECOME A SUPPORTER OF THE SHOW
1. With your support we can continue the production of the podcast uninterruptedly.
2. One time donations are also deeply appreciated.
FULL SHOW NOTES
I help overwhelmed, frustrated parents who want to parent differently than their parents, make sense of their early childhood experiences, connect to their authentic self and their children on a deeper level, reduce stress, bring more ease, calm and joy into their lives by yelling less, and practicing non-punitive discipline.
WORK WITH ME
Listeners of the podcast get 10% on my coaching services.
I would be thrilled to support you in your parenting journey!
- Click here to get started with my Introductory (3 Sessions) Package or REAL Change Package - 6 Private Coaching Sessions-worldwide! :)
- Court-Ordered Parenting Classes (in person NJ, NY,and PA residents only)
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VALUABLE!
Do you have a comment, question, or a takeaway about this episode or the podcast in general?
- USA listeners call 732-763-2576 right now and leave a voicemail.
- International listeners use the FREE Speak Pipe tool on my website. Add your voice. It matters!
- Email: email@example.com
SUBMIT YOUR PARENTING QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED IN THE SHOW:
CONNECT WITH ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
NEED PARENTING SUPPORT?
Thanks for listening!
Anna Seewald, M.Ed, M.Psy
Parent Educator, Keynote Speaker, Author