Manage episode 317201249 series 3252615
Episode at a glance:
- Tiffany’s diagnosis journey: from initial diagnosis of RA to eventual diagnosis of non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis
- How Tiffany learned the importance of patient advocacy
- Why Tiffany formed AiARTHRITIS - International Foundation for Autoimmune & Autoinflammatory Arthritis”
- What is precision medicine and why is it important?
- Tiffany’s best advice to newly diagnosed patients
- How you can get involved in patient advocacy and volunteer work at her organization
I am the CEO of the International Foundation for Autoimmune & Autoinflammatory Arthritis, "AiArthritis" for short. I am also a person living with non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis, after originally being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis (RA). I dedicate my time to running the organization, which has a unique mission to help other patients have a voice, alongside all other stakeholders, as equals. Together, we can solve problems and develop innovative solutions that positively impact education, advocacy, and research.
Cheryl is an occupational therapist who has lived with rheumatoid arthritis for nineteen years. Her life passion is helping others with rheumatoid arthritis figure out how to live a full life despite arthritis, by developing tools to navigate physical, emotional and social challenges. She formed the educational company Arthritis Life in 2019 after seeing a huge need for more engaging, accessible, and (dare I say) FUN patient education and self-management resources.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Roadmap, a self-paced online course Cheryl created that teaches you how to confidently manage your physical, social and emotional life with rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheum to THRIVE, a community support & education program Cheryl created to help people with rheumatic disease go from overwhelmed, confused and alone to confident, supported and connected. The next group starts in Spring 2022!
All content found on Arthritis Life public channels was created for generalized informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Full episode details:
For full episode details go to the episode page here!