Manage episode 347882907 series 3252615
Episode at a Glance:
- Dianne’s Diagnosis story and subsequent emotional roller coaster
- Dianna’s Treatment Journey: Dianna went from resistant to medicines to trying a biologic and feeling a large improvement in symptoms
- The Importance of Support - Dianna shares how the Rheum to THRIVE group support & education program was a “lifeline” and helped her get out of a cycle of self-blame. She highlights the ways she learned how to explain her condition to others and process some of the social effects and pressures (such as not drinking wine)
- Anxiety and Uncertainty: Cheryl & Dianna discuss how uncertainty and not being able to be in control triggers their anxiety
- What helps you cope? “It’s a gift knowing you can’t solve it;” Dianna shares what else is in her toolbox alongside acceptance: exercise, movement, journaling, social time and more
- The role of writing and journaling in Dianna’s life
- Rapid fire questions
- Best advice for newly diagnosed patients? Encourage others to join Rheum to THRIVE or a similar program for social support; trust in the process
- Favorite arthritis gadget or tool in your arthritis toolbox: Compression gloves - from Grace & Able
- Do you have a favorite mantra or inspirational saying? - “Si combino tuto” - everything works out;
- What’s bringing you joy right now? The fall weather; essay published - 2 online
- What does it mean to you to live a good life with rheumatic disease / thrive with rheumatoid arthritis: to accept the new me; just relax into it;
All content found on Arthritis Life public channels was created for generalized informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Rheum to THRIVE, a community support & education program Cheryl created to help people with rheumatic disease go from overwhelmed, confused and alone to confident, supported and connected. Join the waitlist for the next group, which starts in 2023!
Rheumatoid Arthritis Roadmap, a self-paced online course Cheryl created that teaches you how to confidently manage your physical, social and emotional life with rheumatoid arthritis.
For Full Episode Details + Show Notes
Go to the episode page on the Arthritis Life Website.