Manage episode 327060248 series 3252615
Meaghan shares her journey growing up with juvenile idiopathic arthritis, which turned into psoriatic arthritis (PSA) in her twenties. She busts common myths about PSA and delves into the importance of advocacy, mental health, sharing our stories and more.
##Episode at a glance:
- Meaghan’s Diagnosis story / saga for JIA and then PsA: medical gaslighting, delays in care, learning to advocate for herself and more
- What does Meggie Wish People Knew about PSA? Dispelling common misconceptions
- Meggie’s advocacy journey: from insurance step therapy to formal advocacy
- Relationships: Meggie reflects on dating with arthritis and shares how her husband supports her
- Meggie reflects on the importance of mental health & how being open about her diagnosis helped her
- What’s it been like to share your story online? Meggie shares her story writing for Bezzy PSA from Healthline and sharing her story on social media
- Meggie’s advice for newly diagnosed patients
- Where to find Meggie: Instagram: @Arthritis_Meggie
All content found on Arthritis Life public channels was created for generalized informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Roadmap, a self-paced online course Cheryl created that teaches you how to confidently manage your physical, social and emotional life with rheumatoid arthritis.
Rheum to THRIVE, a community support & education program Cheryl created to help people with rheumatic disease go from overwhelmed, confused and alone to confident, supported and connected. The next group starts in April 2022!
For Full Episode Details + Transcript:
Go to www.MyArthritisLife.Net