Manage episode 291185499 series 2919162
In this episode, we share our top 5 tools for testing our mobile apps.
Discover how we use
1. AWS Device Farm: Amazing tool for uploading your apps to one of 100s of real devices and simulators. It lets you either manually run your apps or run automatic scripts. It also has a very generous free trial, so there is no reason not to try it today.
2. Firebase App Distribution: We use this to test our features immediately after pushing the changes to Git. All testers who installed the App Distribution mobile app will get the new builds instantly. It's like Testflight on steroids. And best of all, it's 100% free.
3. Smartlook: Watch on video what your users are doing in your mobile app. This is great for improving the UI/UX, finding bugs, and get inspired about the next killer features.
4. Firebase A/B Testing: Another free tool from Google/Firebase. This one allows you to A/B test anything you want in the app. We regularly use it to test new buttons, shop screens or even entire new features. You'll need a developer to set this up but boy, is it worth it.
5. Bugsnag: A great bugtracker. While there are many of these out there, Bugsnag integrates very nicely with React Native. It has a very good interface and allows for breadcrumbs, release monitoring and many others.