Manage episode 333031080 series 1051804
Guests: Josh Shilts, CPA/ABV/CFF/CGMA Dennis Webb
Valuation often takes many forms and when a practitioner encounters an engagement that require different skill sets or retain the appropriate subject matter experts. This is commonly encountered when a business owns real estate that can often be worth more than the business.
On this podcast Josh and guest Dennis discuss:
- The benefits of understanding how different professionals approach a valuation
- Learning to ask questions in the other expert’s language
- How intangible benefits can change over time and how to communicate this to different stake holders (e.g., judges, IRS, owners).
The podcast will also discuss some important issues to consider such as:
- How to improve or solve multi-disciplinary problems
- Similarities between business valuation and real estate valuations
- How discounts are developed for asset holding companies
The episode is brought to you by the AICPA’s Forensic and Valuation Services Section, the premier provider of information, tools, advocacy and guidance for professionals who specialize in providing forensics, valuation, fraud, fair value and damages and by the CFF Credential and ABV Credential programs which allow AICPA members to demonstrate competence and confidence in providing these services to their clients. Visit us online at www.aicpa.org/fvs to join our community and gain access to valuable member-only benefits.
Don’t miss an episode – subscribe to our podcast channel! And leave us a review so we can continue bringing valuable and relevant content to you.