Manage episode 353362788 series 2447088
In this episode of Transportation Insights, Peter Sand, Chief analyst at Xeneta, discussed what digitalization means from a shipper or BCO perspective with Mr. Kris Kosmala, Partner at Click and Connect. The conversation reflected on ways in which digital solutions can be an enabler of sustainability in the supply chain industry.
Kris also talked about the future of digital advancements introduced during Covid. Will these new solutions stay around or face a similar destiny as Tradelens?
- Causality - Is this the holy grail for digitalization in container shipping?
- The crash and burn of Tradelens
- Sustainability in container shipping can be achieved by reducing waste, primarily by reducing the waste of 'time.'
- How can digitalization help in reducing carbon emissions?
- What is the future of reshoring/nearshoring? Does it support a sustainable mindset in the supply chain?