Meta announces job cuts and Twitter prepares for difficult times
Manage episode 346721172 series 2476724
The Verge's Nilay Patel, David Pierce, Alex Cranz, and Alex Heath discuss week two of Elon Musk as CEO of Twitter and Meta announcing job cuts.
Later in the show: What's next for Binance and FTX, a stretchable screen by LG Display, and the Surface Pro 9 review.
- Elon Musk tells Twitter staff to prepare for ‘difficult times ahead’ and ends remote work
- Read Elon Musk’s first email to Twitter employees
- Elon Musk offloads another $3.9 billion in Tesla shares
- Elon is putting Twitter at risk for billions in fines, says internal letter
- Elon Musk’s Twitter Blue with verification is now live
- Elon Musk's response to fake verified Elon Twitter accounts: a new permanent ban policy for impersonation
- Everyone knows you paid to be verified on Twitter
- Mario flipped off Twitter for nearly two hours with the blessing of Musk's 'verification'
- Twitter rolls back gray ‘official’ checks that popped up on high-profile accounts
- Twitter’s new double-check verification disappears, Elon Musk says he ‘killed it’
- Meta announces huge job cuts affecting 11,000 employees
- Binance won't bail out FTX, cites reports of 'mishandled customer funds'
- ‘I fucked up,’ says FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried in public apology
- Microsoft Surface Pro 9 (Intel) review: this is the one to buy
- LG Display's 'stretchable' prototype display could attach to skin, clothing, and furniture
- HP Pavilion Plus 14 review: a powerful, confusing OLED machine
- The Pixel Watch calorie bug is a reminder of why 'accuracy' isn't everything
- Razer made a customizable PS5 controller that — you guessed it — is very expensive
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 866-VERGE11, we'd love to hear from you.
We are conducting a short audience survey to help plan for our future and hear from you. To participate, head to vox.com/podsurvey, and thank you!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices