Manage episode 327512619 series 2930339
Today we talk to Mark Ericksen about all the things that we could be doing on the new platform - this is a follow-up to episode 50.
Mark specialises in Elixir, he hosts the Thinking Elixir podcast, and he also helps make Fly.io the best place to run Phoenix apps, such as changelog.com. In the interest of holding our new platform right, we thought that it would be a great idea to talk to someone that does this all day, every day, for many years now.
We touch up on how to run database migrations safely, and how to upgrade our application config to the latest Phoenix version. We also talked about some of the more advanced platform features that we may want to start leveraging, like the multi-region PostgreSQL.
Changelog++ members save 5 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- MongoDB – An integrated suite of cloud database and services — They have a FREE forever tier, so you can prove to yourself and to your team that they have everything you need. Check it out today at mongodb.com/changelog
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- Sourcegraph – Move fast, even in big codebases. Sourcegraph is universal code search for every developer and team. Easily search across all the code that matters to you and your organization: find example code, explore and read code, debug issues, and more. Head to info.sourcegraph.com/changelog and click the button “Try Sourcegraph now” to get started.
- Retool – The low-code platform for developers to build internal tools — Some of the best teams out there trust Retool…Brex, Coinbase, Plaid, Doordash, LegalGenius, Amazon, Allbirds, Peloton, and so many more – the developers at these teams trust Retool as the platform to build their internal tools. Try it free at retool.com/changelog
Notes and Links
- Safe Ecto Migrations
- Generate project template file diffs - including Phoenix configs
- Kürt’s recommended way of exporting PostgreSQL db backups
- Multi-region PostgreSQL
- LiveBeats: Building a Social Music App With Phoenix LiveView
- 🎬 Deploy Elixir and Phoenix globally on Fly.io in five minutes
- 🎧 Thinking Elixir #93 - Preventing Service Abuse with Michael Lubas
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!